Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Creative Memories Baby Blog Hop!


Welcome to the Creative Memories Blog Hop!  If you arrived here from the Creative Memories Traditional Blog you are in the right place!  This the second hop for this Blog Hop event.  


So you know the old saying that with every child you have you take less photos? Well not always true! When our first two children were born all those years ago, I wasn't a scrapbooker, but when our third was born I had been a consultant for 6 years so I was going to take all of the “right” photos this time. Now, don't get me wrong, I took lots and lots of photos of Lauren and Ben, but with Grant I went a little overboard, shall we say. In the first month of his life I took 1000 photos and I know this because of being able to look that up on Memory Manager.

Well I didn't just store the photos in Memory Manager, I have made beautiful albums about Grant. So, two StoryBooks created in Storybook Creator 4.0, an 8 x 8 traditional album, an ABC album, paper albums and two 12 x 12 albums later I am still not caught up on Grant's photos. Grant is now seven years old and in his albums he is only about 20 months old.

I love when Creative Memories comes out with new baby products, because I get inspired to work on my backlog of baby and toddler photos of Grant. With the NEW It's a Boy products I am determined to bring Grant's albums up to date. I love that all of these products coordinate and look beautiful together and I can do some pages digitally and some traditionally and they will looking amazing together in Grant's album. The digital products will help me get caught up quickly!





Growing Up

Ingredients:
Font: Tekton Pro Ext

How to Create:
Begin with a blank 12 x 12 page and add Its A Boy Paper 37 from the Digital Kit to the background.
Add Its a Boy Paper21 and Paper 1 from the Digital kit.
Add 4 photos and add a solid white mat to each one.
Add Notebook Tag from Its a Boy Digital Kit and text box.
Add Orange Circle Burst and Shooting Star embellishment. Add 3D filter to Shooting Star.
Text wrap journal box around circle burst.
Add "growing up so fast!" embellishment from Its A Boy Digital Kit.
Add dark blue fastener and orange fastener and add 3D filter to each.
Add heavy shadow to all elements.

Oh Boy!

Ingredients:
Font: Dandelion in the spring

How to Create:
Begin with a blank 12 x 12 page and add Its A Boy Paper 3 from Digital Kit to background.
Add 3 photos and add double mat frame to each one. Choose transparent for smaller mat and Paper 4 from Its A Boy Digital Additions for larger mat.
Add Journaling Mat 1 from Its a Boy Digital Additions and change opacity to 50%.
Add "oh BOY" embellishment from Its A Boy Digital Kit.
Add Orange Star Cutout embellishment. Add “on the move” embellishment over star. Add another orange star cutout and line it up perfectly with other one. Use straight cutter to cut out section of star that covers "on the move" embellishment. Add green star and dark blue star and resize to cover cuts in orange star.
Add text box and text wrap it around orange and blue stars.
Add heavy shadow to all elements.      



So if you have baby and toddler photos not scrapbooked yet take a look at these pages for some ideas and then hop on over to see what the talented Aly Dosdall has designed! 



Clue for your prize entry at the end of the Blog Hop is - A




Thanks for stopping by...


Have a hoppy day!

Beth


10 comments:

  1. Love it.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love seeing pictures of little ones! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the inspiration and great ideas. I have both story book & memory manager but have not used them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the idea of making the first of two mats transparent! What a great idea! I want to subscribe to your blog but when I tried, I got a bunch of gibberish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I tried it and got gibberish too! Sorry about that. I will work on that bug but in the meantime you can like my facebook page and I always post on there when I have made a new blog entry. I will let you know when I have this fixed.
      Thanks,Beth

      Delete
    2. Laurie, I think I have my follow me button working. I moved it to the top of my page if you want to give it a go.
      Thanks,
      Beth

      Delete